[Taxacom] Lupinus specimens need a home

Zanoni, Thomas tzanoni at nybg.org
Fri Oct 2 13:38:41 CDT 2015

NY will take a set of the duplicates.

Tom Zanoni

Herbarium
New York Botanical Garden
2900 Southern Blvd
Bronx, N 10458

-----Original Message-----
From: Taxacom [mailto:taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu] On Behalf Of Kennedy, Robin C.
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 2:20 PM
To: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu
Subject: [Taxacom] Lupinus specimens need a home

As many of you may have heard, the University of Missouri Dunn-Palmer Herbarium's collections have been moved to the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis (MO).  (link to an earlier press release below)

Prior to my arrival in 1988, David Baxter Dunn was Curator for about three decades.   There are many, many duplicate collections of Dunn (and his students) still here at UMO, and I am looking for a home for these.  They are mainly (but not all) Lupinus taxa, from Mexico, Central America, and western and southwestern North America.

If anyone or any herbarium is interested in acquiring these (as gifts), please let me know off-list, and we’ll see what we can work out.

https://coas.missouri.edu/news/dunn-palmer-herbarium-donating-200000-specimens-st-louis-based-collection

Robin C. Kennedy, Ph.D.
Curator, University of Missouri Dunn-Palmer Herbarium   (UMO)
Research Associate, Missouri Botanical Garden  (MO)
Address: Museum Support Center
1411 Rock Quarry Rd.
Columbia  MO  65211-3170
Phone:  (573) 882-6519