[Taxacom] manuscript name question

Dan Lahr dlahr at ib.usp.br
Tue Oct 6 11:58:48 CDT 2015

Thanks for the article, very interesting initiative -- though it seems to
me that this type of description has been code compliant for a while now.

However, the "push" of the envelope potentially opens up a wide avenue for
increased code-compliance in protistan descriptions.  More often than not,
microphotographs are all we have, and in fact, are more useful than a
culture collection frozen somewhere that will be expensive to ship and most
likely face enormous bureaucratic challenges to be imported, if at all
possible.

best,

dan

Daniel J. G. Lahr
PhD, Assist. Prof.
Dept of Zoology, Univ. of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Office number: + 55 (11) 3091 0948
http://www.ib.usp.br/zoologia/lahr/