[Taxacom] manuscript name question

alberto ballerio philharmostes at yahoo.it
Wed Oct 7 04:50:48 CDT 2015

While the two authors highlight that they are pro-collecting, the title, in my opinion, is obviously biased against collecting (the use of "dead bodies" reveals some snobish attitude towards the "old fashioned" use of preserved specimens). I think that we must be careful when designing such titles, in order to transmit the right message, otherwise, while other taxonomist will probably understand the matter, bureaucrats will not and let's remember that the people in charge of granting collecting permits are the bureaucrats not the taxonomists! So, sooner or later (...I am afraid "sooner") our applications for obtaining collecting permits will be rejected because "we can take photos of the specimens we need".Best wishes,Alberto