[Taxacom] why Martin Fikacek resign

Paul van Rijckevorsel dipteryx at freeler.nl
Thu Oct 8 06:56:12 CDT 2015

Well, the "if it is impossible to preserve a specimen" applies
only to "a name of a new species or infraspecific taxon of
microscopic algae or microfungi (fossils excepted ..."

For other names of new taxa (which is most groups), a type
may not be an illustration from 2007 onwards.

Obviously, existing illustrations as types are unaffected. Also,
it remains possible to designate illustrations as types for
existing taxa.

Paul