[Taxacom] manuscript name question

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Oct 8 22:26:09 CDT 2015

Bevan,

Fungi are somewhat of a special case, given that if it ain't fruiting, then there's nothing much to describe without looking at DNA. So, there might be an advantage in making use of DNA for fungi. But why make it mandatory? That seems a tad heavy handed of whoever is pushing for this. Is there a pressing need to describe new fungi without waiting for fruiting material?

Cheers, Stephen