[Taxacom] why Martin Fikacek resign

Michael A. Ivie mivie at montana.edu
Fri Oct 9 12:47:48 CDT 2015

Dear John,

That (a Neotype) would only be valid if there is some confusion about
the identity.  The Code does not allow Neotypes in cases where there is
no confusion about what the species is.  In this case there is nothing
known that is even close to it, so its identity is not confused.  The
authors covered that well in the description.

Mike

Michael A. Ivie, Ph.D., F.R.E.S.

Montana Entomology Collection
Marsh Labs, Room 50