[Taxacom] why Martin Fikacek resign

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Oct 9 16:11:06 CDT 2015

And determining exactly what constitutes as "exceptional need" is wherein difficulty lies, thus proving my original point!

Stephen

 Subject: Re: [Taxacom] why Martin Fikacek resign
 To: taxacom at mailman.nhm.ku.edu

 Mike,

 On 10/08/2015 10:41 PM, Michael A. Ivie wrote:
 > Still, all these diversions aside, Stephen has never
 backed up his libel
 > of the Code saying it was difficult to designate a
 Neotype. That is
 > proven incorrect.  I am sure no one cares
 anymore.

  From the excerpts you provided, the validity is not
 assessable. That
 the name "is involved in taxonomic confusion" does not
 necessarily
 amount to "there is an exceptional need". Note also that,
 although it is
 required that you stated the existence of an exceptional
 need, and that
 you explain it, this is not enough. The need must really
 *be* there, and
 must really *be* exceptional.

 If I disagree with your opinion on this point, I can reject
 your
 designation as invalid.

 Was the name in use, or threatening another name?

 Laurent -