[Taxacom] manuscript name question

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Oct 10 00:07:07 CDT 2015

Geoff,

I'm not sure that anything can be truly said to be "unambiguously Code-compliant"! Hoever, as I have tried to explain already (a couple of times), Art 73.1.4 is irrelevant to the fly! Marshall & Evenhius did not designate any photo as a holotype of anything! They designated as holotype of the new fly a specimen which they know only via a photo(s) of it. Art 73.1.4 does not apply! What would apply, if it existed in the Code, which it does not, is a requirement that a designated holotype be a dead and preserved specimen (at any stage in proceedings). If you can find me such I requirement, then I shall bow humbly to your greater intellect! :)

Cheers, Stephen