[Taxacom] manuscript name question

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Oct 10 19:01:24 CDT 2015

I think that the Code was never intended to give "permissions". If it doesn't explicitly say you can't do something, then you can! Besides "pictures-only" is just a very particular case of a wider issue about whether types actually have to have been examined by authors and whether they have to be preserved. Getting the wording right seems to be the biggest challenge for the ICZN, who are probably not trained lawyers!

Stephen