[Taxacom] manuscript name question

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Sat Oct 10 19:07:07 CDT 2015

As I said, these "mights" are of negligible concern, so, once again, let me state that I don't see it as problematic. It was merely a useful exercise in trying to interpret how the Code applies to cases like this, which is not an easy task! Mike may interject here and claim it to be all utterly straightforward! To be absolutely clear, I think that Steve & Neal's fly must be considered to be, if not unambiguously Code compliant, then not provably noncompliant, so it must stand.

Stephen

PS: I do still wonder where that holotype is now! :)