[Taxacom] manuscript name question

Karl Magnacca kmagnacca at wesleyan.edu
Mon Oct 12 18:22:38 CDT 2015

On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 13:57:17, Richard Pyle wrote:
>  Now, I'm not a fly expert, and I have no idea what
> the world record is for longest-living fly is; but a quick Google
> search suggests something in the range of 25-90 days.

For what it's worth, I've kept Hawaiian Drosophila alive in the lab
for about 6 months.  And that was one caught in the wild, so it was
probably a month or so old already.  The bigger ones don't even
become sexually mature until about 45 days old as adults.  I would
bet there are others that can live a year or so.

Karl