[Taxacom] Nomenclatural availability of preliminary electronic versions of taxonomic papers

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Tue Oct 13 18:17:31 CDT 2015

Frank said >In catalogues I would just use the page numbers of the paper integrated in a journal issue, and not the former page numbers of the early electronic publication, because the journal pagination is there to stay<

Except if the print issue has not been published yet! If Scott's question was indeed just about citation of page numbers before the print edition is published, then it is customary to cite, e.g. [3] for the third page. However, if Scott's question was more about preliminary versions published electronically, then one would be very unwise to synonymise anything until the final version of record is published!

Stephen