[Taxacom] Nomenclatural availability of preliminary electronic versions of taxonomic papers

John Noyes j.noyes at nhm.ac.uk
Fri Oct 16 10:33:08 CDT 2015

The page number must definitely be fixed. Otherwise it might become a nightmare, or at best a confusing pain, to give a meaningful citation to a nomenclatural act in on-line or even hard copy databases/catalogues, especially where longer publications are concerned. That is the absolute crux of the matter. If the text and other associated details remain the same then I have absolutely no problem. It is the change in page number between early pubs and final pubs that makes all the difference!

John

John Noyes
Scientific Associate
Department of Life Sciences
Natural History Museum
Cromwell Road
South Kensington
London SW7 5BD
UK
jsn at nhm.ac.uk
Tel.: +44 (0) 207 942 5594
Fax.: +44 (0) 207 942 5229

Universal Chalcidoidea Database (everything you wanted to know about chalcidoids and more):
www.nhm.ac.uk/chalcidoids