[Taxacom] Citing Authors for Animals

Welter-Schultes, Francisco fwelter at gwdg.de
Sat Oct 17 12:01:13 CDT 2015

The page number is not part of a cited zoological name. Such a name consists of genus, species, author(s) and year. A comma between author and year is possible, but not mandatory.

I would not recommend to add initials to the surnames of authors in databases of zoological names. Initials have the effect that communication between various diffierent databases gets more difficult.

Francisco

Francisco Welter-Schultes
Zoologisches Institut
Berliner Str. 28, 37073 Goettingen