[Taxacom] Citing Authors for Animals

Scott Thomson scott.thomson321 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 13:51:34 CDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I agree on this. I also build catalogs and databases and although not
required I do add a field for the authors, in the databases I use it as a
key field (not primary) which links to another database of the publications
themselves. Hence I obtain a considerable amount of highly desirable
information by including this. I wish more zoologists would include this
data in a species name. I brought this up since you are building a
database, if its relational, then its inclusion can be highly valuable by
expanding the range of queries you can perform and hence the information
you will have at your disposal from it.

Cheers, Scott

--
Scott Thomson
Museu de Zoologia da Universidade de São Paulo