[Taxacom] Citing Authors for Animals

Richard Pyle deepreef at bishopmuseum.org
Mon Oct 19 01:58:29 CDT 2015

Ah, ok, quote or not, I can't let this one go....

While I do see the complexity (from one point of view) of treating taxonomic classifications (i.e., combinations of genus name sand species names) as though it was actually "nomenclature" (cough, cough)...

Oh, nevermind.... :-)

Aloha,
Rich

P.S. Don't get me wrong -- I think it's INCREDIBLY valuable to track changing classifications of species epithets as they are moved from one genus to another, just as I think it's INCREDIBLY valuable to track heterotypic synonymies over time, and all manner of other Taxon Name Usages (e.g. taxon concept changes that don’t involve changes to any name components).  I just don't think it's helpful to conflate classification with nomenclature.