[Taxacom] another ebay auction of naming rights

Scott Thomson scott.thomson321 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 18:43:35 CDT 2015

I too do not have an issue with this in principal, particulary since from
what i gather this is for charity and I think that is generally a noble
cause. As long as the name meets code requirements including ethically as
Doug pointed out.

I would not like to see this get to a point where it could be forced upon
us, as pointed out to make money for an institution. A furthur issue of
concern is also ownership of specimens, i would not like to see this
encourage further types in private hands effectively innaccessable. A
particular problem with fossils. One area I wish was addressed more in the
code is the type and quality of institutions holding types.

So i guess i am ok with it so long as no one feels they have to do it, the
descriptions abide the code and it is not used to encourage private
ownership of types.

Cheers Scott