[Taxacom] another ebay auction of naming rights

Scott Thomson scott.thomson321 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 21 15:32:34 CDT 2015

I agree that this point is an issue, possibly going further than considered.

First up CITES regulations are difficult enough without it becoming known
there could be a commercial interest. This changes the types of CITES
permits required, increases costs and difficulty.

Another point is that many countries prohibit the commercial sale or use of
fossils, in a vain effort to stop their natural heritage being stolen. If
there is a potential commercial use for these fossils they will not be able
to be loaned.

So on that then what can be done? The Code does not prevent this. I am not
sure it could.

Cheers Scott