[Taxacom] Revision using taxonomic concept approach

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Oct 22 19:00:51 CDT 2015

I think "sensu" and "sec" (in the sense that Nico is using it) might be different. The former implies that the sense of the name isn't the original sense (similar to "auct.", but with a single specified publication, wheras "auct." has no such specification attached), i.e. that it is misidentified, or at least changed in some drastic way. The latter just implies however a subsequent author uses the name, in line with the original or not. However, the terminologies do not seem to have well defined universal definitions.

Stephen