[Taxacom] origin of plague bacterium (Y. pestis)

Alex Borisenko aborisen at uoguelph.ca
Mon Oct 26 17:54:08 CDT 2015

Hello Ken,
The study appears to disregard the substantial body of research on the ecological aspects of the origin of plague by Sunstov et al:
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134%2FS1995425514010144
http://link.springer.com/article/10.1134%2FS1062359012010104
and a bunch of articles in Russian
Personally, I find the ecological aspects of the formation of anthropurgic plague foci in Europe through biological invasions of rodents (roof rat) and fleas (Xenopsylla cheopis) to be quite intriguing...
and perhaps even more intriguing that Europe may owe it to the Norway rat for stopping the pandemics.
Cheers
Alex