[Taxacom] another ebay auction of naming rights The Last Word

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Tue Oct 27 13:41:43 CDT 2015

On Oct 27, 2015, at 9:01 AM, metzlere at msu.edu wrote:

>>  I was informed by the National Park Service that I cannot solicit funds in support of my research on National Park Service property. I am not allowed to chase the deep pockets. I am not allowed to ask for money from anyone or any organization. I am only allowed to go broke while I am doing this. DOUBLE BUMMER !!

* it's charming how salaried folks make these rules, as if restrictions
on the income of freelancers didn't make any difference to the
freelancers. We've concluded (after four decades of study) that they
think that because they wouldn't do their *jobs* if they weren't paid,
they assume that the fact that we persist in doing our *work* implies
that we've got some sort of salary-like support from somewhere.

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/