[Taxacom] another ebay auction of naming rights The Last Word

Fautin, Daphne G. fautin at ku.edu
Tue Oct 27 15:39:44 CDT 2015

Many organizations have such a rule.  The rationale I have been given is that someone else (usually the entity that handles donations for the organization) may be asking the same source for funds, so they want to prevent competition.  This is especially a problem if the supplicant asks for $100 while the organization is trying to extract $1 million from the source.  Then the source can give $100 to the supplicant and, in all honesty, say it is responsive to requests.

Daphne G. Fautin
Professor Emerita, University of Kansas

skype: daphne.fautin

database of sea anemones
hercules.kgs.ku.edu/Hexacoral/Anemone2/index.cfm