[Taxacom] resend Kingdom Protista (and Subkingdom Chromista)

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 09:19:30 CDT 2015

My impression is that the principal difference between Ken and Ruggiero et
al is that the latter is published. Ken evidently chooses not to tot take
that path. I have found that Ken's taxonimc and systematic arrangements are
often an assertion of his personal view, or a 'consensus' or majority view
that he accepts, but without the corresponding evidence. In the past I have
found it a bit frustrating at the lack or absence of which
he considers decisive evidence, but I get the impression that his more
recent posts focus on new publications and how they might bear on his
preferences. So I find these contributions sometimes useful, insightful, or
interesting, regardless of how Ken chooses to apply that information to his
classification system. I sometimes think that for me the classification as
an end result is less interesting than how one arrives at that point.

John Grehan