[Taxacom] EukRef (was: resend Kingdom Protista)

Daniel Leo Gustafsson kotatsu.no.leo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:00:19 CDT 2015

The point is that what a group of people that study a group call themselves
has no bearing whatsoever on whether the taxon that name refers to is
necessary or valid or not, nor even whether it exists or not. No one calls
themselves a Chromistologist just like no one calls themselves an
Avesologist. This is entirely irrelevant to what we call the taxa that are
studied or how they are divided.

But maybe I am alone here in thinking that the most useful classification
is one that is based on the organisms involved, and not one based on what
the people who study the organisms call themselves.