[Taxacom] EukRef (was: resend Kingdom Protista)

Daniel Leo Gustafsson kotatsu.no.leo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:37:17 CDT 2015

Or maybe it just shows that it's easier to continue calling yourself
something your group has always called itself, rather than changing names
of your societies and journals and so on every time the taxonomy changes...
What people call themselves is irrelevant, but what people call the taxa
they study is highly relevant. If you'd said "No one publishes papers using
the name Chromista for this group", then that would have been a meaningful
argument. "No one publishes papers on the Chromista while calling
themselves Chromistologists" is not.