[Taxacom] resend Kingdom Protista (and Subkingdom Chromista)

JF Mate aphodiinaemate at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 14:39:06 CDT 2015

Dan, it was not a criticism, I was simply pointing out that "absurd" is
synonymous with "illogical" and taste cannot be logical, quite the
contrary. I agree that classifications are arbitrary, and I think we all
agree that polyphyly is very wrong.  However, like the six wise men of
Hindostan,  it very much depends which part of the biodiversity elephant
you touch, your perspective affords a completely different idea on
paraphyly. So I will rephrase by saying that one does not follow the other,
as a general rule.

Best

Jason