[Taxacom] resend Kingdom Protista (and Subkingdom Chromista)

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 17:55:39 CDT 2015

On 10/30/2015 7:52 AM, Fred Schueler wrote:

* here's a related question: does any individual systematist other than Ken
> keep an updated classification of all life?

Hi Fred, all,

Well, I do - though I try not to introduce any nomenclatural novelties...
In reality the "classification" aspect is more a placeholder / scaffolding
on which to hang my <0.5m genus name listings and is creaky in parts (and
not totally internally consistent/up-to-date at this time), however if
interested you can see it here:
http://www.marinespecies.org/irmng/aphia.php?p=browser (new version; old
version at http://www.marine.csiro.au/mirrorsearch/ir_search.list_kingdom)

(At present I do not particularly care for kingdom "Chromista" either, but
may have to bow to practices in other systems at some point).

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees