[Taxacom] Software for curating taxonomic/biological/specimen information

Urmas Kõljalg urmas.koljalg at ut.ee
Thu Dec 1 11:55:58 CST 2016

Hi Barry,

You may try plutof.com (plutof.ut.ee) which is online system for the managing biodiversity data including collections. There are users from more than 70 countries.
You may also develope your own classification in parallel with common one. There is import module for the uploading data (specimens, sequences, etc.) via Excel file.

You may also download your collection data in different formats and publish your datasets automatically in GBIF, with Pensoft or just ask DOI.
There are lots more to do (interactions, observations, (meta)barcoding, literature, etc.).

PlutoF is partly developed by EUBON as already mentioned by Donat.

Best,
Urmas

Prof. Urmas Kõljalg
40 Lai Str.
Institute of Ecology and Earth Sciences
University of Tartu
EE-51005 Tartu
Estonia

UNITE - A molecular database for the identification of fungi
http://unite.ut.ee