[Taxacom] Paywall our taxonomic tidbit

Fred Schueler bckcdb at istar.ca
Sun Jan 17 18:08:14 CST 2016

On 1/17/2016 5:41 PM, Stephen Thorpe wrote:
> The current system (reader pays for what they want to read) has proved workable, sustainable and accessible to date!

* except that those of us without institutional connections can't afford
to read anything more than the abstract of commercially "published" work
unless we badger the authors to send out personal copies. This means
that "commercially published" and "samizdat" are synonymous, except for
the public display of the abstract.

fred.
           Frederick W. Schueler & Aleta Karstad
Vulnerable Watersheds - http://vulnerablewaters.blogspot.ca/