[Taxacom] Zoologist Philippi in the Med

Geoffrey Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jul 6 17:36:25 CDT 2016

Thanks Michael and others,

Other links;

> Have you checked this site, which includes a short biography?
> http://paleopolis.rediris.es/benthos/SCI/Philippi/Philippi.html
> I see that it includes a reference to a 185 page biography (1904) if a
> copy of it might be tracked down...

And the book link from another person is:

https://archive.org/details/eldoctordonrodo00reicgoog

For myself I found:

http://www.societaitalianadimalacologia.it/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=355&Itemid=167

which includes analysis of where the Italian molluscs were collected.

All together a picture of a talented & productive person, with a long
life. About 450 scientific papers were published, in several languages. He
spoke a perfect English, French, German, Italian, Greek, Latin and
Spanish.

Geoff