[Taxacom] What is Garsault's (1764) Noctua caprimulgus today?

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Jul 18 18:39:06 CDT 2016

Note also:

57.8. Exceptions.

57.8.1. Homonymy between identical species-group names in combination (originally or subsequently) with homonymous generic names having the same spelling but established for different nominal genera [Art. 53.2] is to be disregarded.

Example. Noctua Linnaeus, 1758 (Insecta) and Noctua Gmelin, 1771 (Aves) are homonyms, but homonymy between variegata Jung, 1792 in Noctua (Insecta) and variegata Quoy & Gaimard, 1830 in Noctua (Aves) is disregarded.