[Taxacom] IRMNG is moving...

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Wed Jul 20 06:42:56 CDT 2016

Hi Tony,

IRMNG at WoRMS at present looks to me as just another context variant of
the WoRMS Aphia database (I'm a WoRMS editor). The search interface has
the same limited options basic to WoRMS.

This seems a step back. Where is the functionality of the old IRMNG for
finding and displaying homonym info and near matches in spelling under any
genus name as a unified display. This was the only aspect I used it for.
Particularly important now  as Nomenclator zoologicus online appears to
have died again.

People can still look up any genus at
http://www.cmar.csiro.au/datacentre/irmng/ and see the BIG difference in
the two initial outputs.

I wanted the Classic IRMNG continued.  Perhaps WoRMS should think about
putting similar extended info into their initial search-result pages.

Geoff