[Taxacom] IRMNG is moving...

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 21:31:09 CDT 2016

Hi Geoff,

You are one of several responders who would like to see the homonym
generation facility from IRMNG continued. In fact it is not too difficult,
the lists are drawn automatically from the database by selecting on demand,
only those names that occur multiple times at the same rank, excepting
nomina nuda, misspellings, and later usages (I think!)

I have relayed this as a desirable feature for the new version of IRMNG to
the VLIZ folk for their consideration, but the person(s) who would possibly
implement it are away at present I understand. But yes, I agree it would be
nice to have this as a feature of the new IRMNG as this system is probably
the best suited to generate such lists (being free of pseudo-duplicates
i.e. same name, slightly different author representation etc.).

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees