[Taxacom] IRMNG is moving...

Doug Yanega dyanega at ucr.edu
Thu Jul 21 02:22:39 CDT 2016

On 7/21/16 12:06 AM, Tony Rees wrote:
> On 21 July 2016 at 12:59, Stephen Thorpe <stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz> wrote:
>
>> I wonder if all those alleged homonyms have been verified for availability
>> according to the Code? If a name is not available, then it cannot enter
>> into homonymy.

Conversely, even a primary junior homonym can still be available, if it
fulfills conditions of either Article 23.9.5 or Article 57.2; you have
to CHECK before you use a replacement. There are FAR too many people who
automatically replace primary homonyms, even though this practice goes
against the Code.

Peace,