[Taxacom] The Plant List confusions do we have some experts who can influence improvement

Quentin Groom quentin.groom at plantentuinmeise.be
Sat Jun 4 07:20:56 CDT 2016

Dear Gurcharan,

The PlantList is a derived database constructed from a number of different
sources. It is not an actively curated list, but has been created twice
from the source databases. I have heard that there is no intention to
create a third version, but it will be eventually be replaced as part of
the World Flora Online project. I'm not involved with either project, so
this information could be wrong.

You need to direct your corrections to the undying databases that the
PlantList was create from. The links are provided by the Plantlist. For
your examples you should send your corrections to the Global Compositae
Checklist (http://compositae.landcareresearch.co.nz/).
I don't know how responsive this group is to corrections, but I've always
been very happy with the response from IPNI when I've sent them corrections.

Regards
Quentin

Dr. Quentin Groom
(Botany and Information Technology)