[Taxacom] really old Homo erectus floresiensis

Kenneth Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 8 20:57:08 CDT 2016

Hi all,                 I am really delighted with the news that far, far older specimens of the so-called "hobbit" hominid have been found on Flores Island.  At 700,000 years old, this would chronologically fit very nicely with my assigning the hobbits as a subspecies of Homo erectus.  The idea that their larger ancestors got to Flores by being swept there by a tsunami is interesting.  However, I wouldn't be surprised if they were intelligent enough to build rafts.  Anyway, it would be nice to find some intermediate-sized ancestors on Flores (smaller than other Homo erectus, but larger and older than Homo erectus floresiensis).                ----------------------Ken                                   https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/jun/08/flores-fossil-discovery-provides-clues-to-hobbit-ancestors