[Taxacom] Global Plants

Tim Hirsch thirsch at gbif.org
Thu Jun 23 03:15:56 CDT 2016

Rick and others

Another route to this info is filtering in GBIF.org for specimens with
images if they are shared from the institutions - e.g.
<http://www.gbif.org/occurrence/search?TAXON_KEY=5539859&MEDIA_TYPE=StillIm
age> for Cicuta mexicana. A new faceted search on the right hand side also
allows you to check if any type specimen images are available. Not saying
you will find more this way but it would be a quick means of getting to
the info if herbaria use the multimedia extension when publishing their
datasets to GBIF.

Cheers

Tim
Tim Hirsch
Deputy Director
Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) Secretariat

Universitetsparken 15
DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø
Denmark

+45 2875 1485 (mobile)
+45 3532 1476 (office, direct line)

www.GBIF.org
Skype: lukehirsch

On 23/06/2016 07:02, "Taxacom on behalf of Rick McNeill"
<taxacom-bounces at mailman.nhm.ku.edu on behalf of juniper.botany at gmail.com>