[Taxacom] Scott Federhen

Roderic Page Roderic.Page at glasgow.ac.uk
Wed May 11 05:40:48 CDT 2016

Some of you may already have heard, but Scott Federhen of the NCBI died suddenly last week. Anyone who has used GenBank, the NCBI taxonomy http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/taxonomy, or DNA barcodes has, either directly or indirectly, benefited from Scott’s work.

I’m guessing that there will be a fuller tribute from his colleagues at the NCBI, but I’ve posted a short note on iPhylo http://iphylo.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/scott-federhen-rip.html that focusses on the few interactions I had with him.

Another reminder, if one was needed, that life is short and part of the trick is to spend at least part of that time on stuff that matters.

Regards

Rod

Roderic Page
Professor of Taxonomy
Graham Kerr Building
University of Glasgow
Glasgow G12 8QQ, UK

Email:  Roderic.Page at glasgow.ac.uk<mailto:Roderic.Page at glasgow.ac.uk>
tel://Tel:%A0%20+44%20141%20330%204778<tel://Tel: %20+44%20141%20330%204778>
Skype:  rdmpage
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/rdmpage
LinkedIn:  http://uk.linkedin.com/in/rdmpage
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/rdmpage