[Taxacom] I'm furious over article: On typeless species and the perils of fast taxonomy

Geoff Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Mon May 9 22:00:03 CDT 2016

Hi Stephen,

You could write privately to the lead author, if you haven't already (I'm
resisting involving him here by cc).

I don't see much wrong with the general sentiments expressed in the
article. However the two sentences top of page 3 misrepresent the code.
Take them away and the authors are just expressing opinions on taxonomic
practice. It may be possible to change an obvious factual error as the
article is not yet in a print issue. Or the authors could withdraw the
article and resubmit.

Geoff