[Taxacom] I'm furious over --- lack of thread in email

Scott Thomson scott.thomson321 at gmail.com
Sun May 15 13:06:40 CDT 2016

It would be for a number of reasons, some of it is different software, they
have limits in the number of replies a thread can hold before creating a
new one, gmail for example has a max of 100. Others have less. Some of it
is because as you suggest, the use of tablets and phones, another factor is
sometimes people do a private reply then the next reply adds taxacom back
in, this will create a new thread. It is the nature of the beast that is
modern high speed internet discussion. There is not much that can be done
about it unfortunately. You can of course change the way you receive email
from taxacom, ie go to a weekly summary mail only. Personally I just deal
with it. But I am used to receiving 100's of emails so I guess it does not
bother me. I do put a ruleset on taxacom mail they are all automatically
sent to their own folder and not my inbox.

Cheers, Scott

--
Scott Thomson
Museu de Zoologia da Universidade de São Paulo