[Taxacom] "Family" Tetrapterygidae

Kenneth Kinman kinman at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 24 21:06:48 CST 2016

Hi all,
       I just learned that Family Tetrapterygidae was proposed by Chatterjee (2015) in the 2nd Edition of The Rise of Birds.  And it even has its own Wikipedia page:    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrapterygidae .
       The trouble is there is apparently no genus Tetrapteryx in this family.  The genus Tetrapteryx was proposed about 200 years ago for a genus of cranes.  Should we just ignore such a breach of nomenclatural rules or should it be formally suppressed before more people start using in classifications (as in the Wikipedia article).