[Taxacom] Nobel Prize comment

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 14:23:27 CDT 2016

With respect to the recent physics aware, last sentence in quote below not
about systematics as such (or maybe it is in a strange sort of physics
way), but may be interesting considering how much controversy even
systematics (especially in its evolutionary applications) can generate, and
knowing full well the burden of preconceived ideas that haunt everyone of
us.

Kosterlitz was heading to lunch in Helsinki, where he is a visiting
professor at Aalto University, when he heard the news. “I’m a little bit
dazzled. I’m still trying to take it in,” he told the Associated Press. In
his 20s when he embarked on the research, Kosterlitz said his “complete
ignorance” was an advantage in challenging the established science because
“I didn’t have any preconceived ideas.”

John Grehan