[Taxacom] New taxonomy in Nature's Scientific Reports

Geoffrey Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Sat Oct 1 23:03:11 CDT 2016

Hi Stephen,

Time fixes the efirst-then-print problem.  Those journals don't have to
register papers and if they do not acknowledge problems they create for
others in the interim (taxa can be a year or more in limbo) there's
nothing to be done, other than chip away at them when the occasion arises
to complain.

Scientific Reports has about 12 papers registered in ZooBank (by
somebody). As ZooBank doesn't display a date or author for edit actions it
is not possible for the public to know when an entry arrived and who did
it.  One article has two entries - so something odd there.

However, I checked the pdfs of three of those articles at random and they
all lacked any mention of ZooBank or LSIDS.  The paper with the
Code-unpublished new family isn't there in ZooBank.  Those authors
published a corrigendum last month, but it's not about the ZooBank issue.

Geoff

--
Geoffrey B. Read, Ph.D.
8 Zaida Way, Maupuia