[Taxacom] New taxonomy in Nature's Scientific Reports

Geoffrey Read gread at actrix.gen.nz
Sun Oct 2 01:12:53 CDT 2016

Stephen,

There are two registrations for the journal. It seems you were looking at
the second (unnecessary) one. The first one has had a PMC archive since
2013. But it was an author initiated registration.

At least two of the articles published in 2014 seem to comply with the
Code in including a LSID in the pdf and have registrations.  So why
compliance is intermittent since, and hit-and-miss I have no idea.  It
seems however, that with this journal it is up to the authors to be savvy
about the Code, do the registration work, and make sure a nomenclature
statement is included.

Rather less worrying overall on author ignorance / journal intransigence
than initially appeared from the story on Twitter.

Geoff

--
Geoffrey B. Read, Ph.D.
8 Zaida Way, Maupuia