[Taxacom] Looking for a paper

laurent raty l.raty at skynet.be
Sat Oct 8 11:54:10 CDT 2016

I agree the paper must exist, and it can't have been published in 1969,
because it was cited before this date. But I doubt it will be found in a
supplement of Folia Biotheoretica.

I think that the journal is this:
http://catalogue.nla.gov.au/Record/2238453

I suspect one of the reasons that make it hard to find might well be
that the actual paper is in Portuguese, with "A genetical theory to
explain sex-determination by arrhenotocous parthenogenesis" (typo
included?) the title shown in the English abstract.

Laurent -

(PS - I wouldn't understand "Professor Dokter Jan Van der Hoeven
Stichting voor Theoretische Biologie van Dier en Mensch" as an
alternative title. This translates as: "Foundation Pr.Dr. Jan van der
Hoeven for theoretical biology of animal and man" and was, I think, the
society that published the journal. Jan van der Hoeven was a 19th C
Dutch zoologist.)

>>> http://paleobiology.si.edu/staff/individuals/santiagoblay.cfm