[Taxacom] multiple authors new species

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Oct 10 00:27:06 CDT 2016

This thread is getting a little bit confused. I was talking about citing references, not about citing taxonomic name authorities. For the latter, there are nomenclatural rules to be followed (possibly different between botanical and zoological codes?) You can't just cite authorities of taxonomic names however seems most "sensible" to you! You can however still use "et al." at one's discretion in most cases (except when a definite restriction of authorship is explicitly specified in the original reference).

Stephen