[Taxacom] Costelytra zealandica - Epic fail!

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Fri Oct 14 21:16:51 CDT 2016

Hi Ken,
I'm hoping that a petition to the ICZN may solve the problem here as well, but it is going to take a considerable amount of effort from more than just myself to pull it off. There actually are other problems with the Costelytra case which makes matters worse. C. zealandica is the nominal type species, so now the genus is based on a misidentified type species, and the authors didn't do anything to tidy that up either!
Cheers,
Stephen