[Taxacom] multiple authors new species

John Grehan calabar.john at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 18:10:03 CDT 2016

Dear colleagues,

I expect that the answer is somewhere in the Rules of Zoological
Nomenclature so I hope I will be forgiven my asking such a simple question
in this venue. What is the recommended or accepted form of author citation
for a species that has multiple authors, in this case an insect -
Thitarodes biruensis (Fu and seven other authors, 2002). Should it be
Thitarodes biruensis (Fu et. al., 2002) or something else? Its in
parentheses as it was named under a different genus name.

Thank you,

John Grehan