[Taxacom] taxonomic names databases

Stephen Thorpe stephen_thorpe at yahoo.co.nz
Thu Sep 1 20:07:35 CDT 2016

Tony said "Also note that the individual sub-compilations within WoRMS are all individually citable (with appropriate authorship), it is merely for the entire collection that authorship is ascribed to the "WoRMS Editorial Board"

Which is again to confuse a compiler with an author! Biodiversity databases are (or should be) compilations and not creative novelties (created outside of peer review, with all the subjectivities that entails)! This is independent of other issues mentioned in this thread.

Stephen