[Taxacom] Fwd: Use of "nomen invalidum" versus "nomen nudum" in botany

Tony Rees tonyrees49 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 00:01:07 CDT 2016

Also of interest, nomen invalidum is used in IPNI, see here:

http://www.ipni.org/nom_status.html

---------------------------
Nomenclatural Status

Glossary of terms, taken from ICBN (2006) <http://ibot.sav.sk/icbn/main.htm>,
except for nom. inval., which is not defined in the Glossary. A modified
version of the definition of a validly published name is used here.

*nom. inval. *(*nomen invalidum*)

A name not validly published according to Art. 29-45 or H.9 (Art. 6.2).

Now I am wondering why it is not in either of the two Code glossaries
cited...

Regards - Tony

Tony Rees, New South Wales, Australia
https://about.me/TonyRees